Thursday, May 1, 2008

#5 Attraction

Have you ever wonder what makes you like a person?
Because he looks like Tom Cruise? He loves shopping like you do? Or he knows how to repair your computer because you can't do it?

I'd say it all matters.
Looks play the very important FIRST role.
Then we have the birds of a feather flock together following opposite attracts or vice versa. It doesn't matter which come first but it'll occur somehow.

It had found that average faces are attractive faces. And yes, that's what attract me of my boyfriend. He look average.

It was opposite attract first in my case. He is one smart fellow. I am just average. His knowledge attracts me because I know none of it. It's something I feel that I can learn from him.
And as time goes by, we became bird of a feather flock together. I'm so lucky to say that my boyfriend loves shopping as much as I do. He never gave a grumpy face nor stand outside the shop when I shop, in fact, he gives me suggestion.

These are just some things that I'd say start our relationship and strengthen it.

So I believe there's no hard and fast theory as to how an attraction occurs. Birds of a feather do flock together but to maintain a relationship, you need to be opposite to maintain the attraction. Just like magnets.

3 comments:

deb said...

It is hard to maintain a relationship, especially if the both parties are separated by physical and functional differences. What makes some relationships last and others don't is more than similarities. It is a commitment , trust, intimacy and a willingness to forgive instead of arguing with each other

jessica said...

agree with you regarding the physical and functional distance. had seen many of such cases of long distance relationship ending due to the fact that they are not together most of the time. but as a person in a relationship, i'd say being together all the time isn't going to help in the relationship either.
i think all of us, if not, most of us enjoy "me" time even when we're in a relationship. it gives us time to think more about the relationship and other stuffs, and thus more things to talk to?
and can i say, arguing is not that bad afterall? some arguements actually spice up the relationship?

my 2 cents worth =)

xuan said...

Similarity is important. Though no two person are exactly similar. But at times, when both are too similar in thoughts, sometimes conflict might happen. Such as, both parties know that an event would cause both to be unhappy, they would thus keep things to themselves leading to a lack of communication and maybe lesser trust because the other party might sense that they were being kept from certain things.